Although we do not log IP addresses, there is no way for you to know whether that is true. Using the Socks Proxy feature and an app called Orbot you can make your wallet connect to our backend servers using the Tor network. This ensures you that you use our services anonymously. To set this up, download and install Orbot from the Google Play Store, and connect it to the network using the instructions provided in the app. Then, in Mycelium Wallet, open the Settings in the pop-up menu, scroll to the bottom to find «Socks Proxy,» and enter localhost:9050 as your proxy. In the settings, the «Socks Proxy» should now say «Enabled» in parenthesis.
Articles in this section
- Can I send bitcoins if I don’t have an internet connection?
- How can I add a bitcoin address to my address book, or manage a list of my contacts’ addresses?
- How do I create another account?
- How do I manage my accounts?
- Why can’t the person sending me bitcoins scan my QR code?
- How can I keep my Mycelium Wallet IP address private, and keep it from being associated with my bitcoin addresses?
- How to Sell Coins
- How to get your first bitcoins with Local Trader
- Tips for trading bitcoin
- Notes about Local Trader privacy