Although over the long run it takes an average of 10 minutes for a bitcoin transaction to confirm, sometimes this could take a minute and sometimes it takes an hour. Since this is the last step in doing a trade, it can be quite tedious to wait for this confirmation. To alleviate that, Local Trader displays the transaction confidence as a number between 0% and 99%, which gives you a hint at how likely it is that the transaction will ever confirm. However, keep in mind that it is not possible to guarantee 100% that a transaction will confirm until it actually happens. When considering whether or not to wait for the transaction to confirm, take many factors into account, such as whether or not you know the trader, have done business with the trader before, the trader's rating, etc. The transaction confidence is just one of many factors. If you are in doubt wait it out.
Articles in this section
- Can I send bitcoins if I don’t have an internet connection?
- How can I add a bitcoin address to my address book, or manage a list of my contacts’ addresses?
- How do I create another account?
- How do I manage my accounts?
- Why can’t the person sending me bitcoins scan my QR code?
- How can I keep my Mycelium Wallet IP address private, and keep it from being associated with my bitcoin addresses?
- MYCELIUM BITCOIN WALLET
- How to Sell Coins
- How to get your first bitcoins with Local Trader
- Tips for trading bitcoin